Thursday, April 10, 2008

Betsy's Page in Jo's book

Here's the piece I did for Jo's book. I loved the shape of the page and the openings in the pages!
My page had two openings, so I made similar openings in the piece; when there's not white paper behind the page, you can see through to Diane's page! (Her first one!)
This is a variation on another mushroom quilt I did, and is much darker in real life than it appears here, though I did darken the photo some. I wish it was this bright in real life! There are beads & buttons, scrapbooking words and some trims and yarns I've accumulated, as well as some stitched sheer fabric in the background. I attached it to the background page using some industrial glue my husband bought for attaching insulating foam under the hood of his car. I decided if it was good enough for the Ferrari, it was good enough for my quilt. That baby is on there! Hope the rest of the book still opens, Jean!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jan said...

Wow Betsy! I am enjoying this page. I expect to see some fantastic creature peep out behind the magic woodland mushroom. The windows are so great. How did you create them? Did you cut a hole in the page? How did you finish the edges? Or did you? I can't wait to see these pages in person.