Monday, July 14, 2008

Hi in July

Hello all,
I hope Diane got the three books I sent her last week. I can't wait to hear about her class.
I did not get the chance to take a picture of two of the pages I did. In Jean's book, the theme was humorous words of wisdom from women. Since I am not wise, I chose to use a humorous quote from Roseanne. Something about not vacuuming until Sears makes one you can ride on. I did an interior of a room with many, many dust bunnies. I found a button of a baseball, dirtied it up and glued in on with all of the room clutter.
The other book page was Betsy's. The theme was show who you are. This was difficult for me. I play it close to the vest. I thought about my affection, respect and reverence for trees. We have had many trees fall in our neighborhood and yard this summer. I decided I was a willow tree. We had one in my parents yard for many years. I am deeply rooted with family, friends and faith. I am strong, but flexible enough to withstand sorrow and return upright. I try to turn my face to the sun and protect with shade. I am mortal.
OK, way too serious. How is the summer going?
Jan

No comments: